Inspirational Quotes for Struggling Entrepreneurs
Are you a struggling entrepreneur on the brink of giving up? Read these inspirational quotes before you make a decision you may regret for the rest of your life.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc.
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do!” — Robert H. Schuller, author & motivational speaker
- “You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as the end.” — Jessica Herrin, founder and CEO of Stella & Dot
- “You have got to keep trying, and if that doesn’t work, you can always revert back to what you were doing before.” — Jack Ma, co-founder & former executive chairman of Alibaba Group
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” — Sara Blakely, founder & CEO of Spanx
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill, former prime minister of the U.K.
- “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” — Sumner Redstone, media mogul
- “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” — Jeff Bezos, founder & CEO of Amazon
- “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.” — Unknown
- “An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.” — Roy Ash, co-founder of Litton Industries & former director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget
- “Don’t fear failure; fear being in the exact same place last year as you are today.” — Unknown
- “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.” — Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github
- “Are you the type of person that will wait for delayed gratification? Building a business takes a lot of hard work. It’s not an overnight success. For an entrepreneur, the only thing that matters is that you get back up.” — Ian Ippolito, founder of numerous tech companies
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember, that’s where you will find success.” — Thomas J. Watson, former chairman & CEO of International Business Machines (IBM)
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” — Jimmy Dean, musician & entrepreneur
- “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” — Colin Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State
- “You have power over your mind; not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor & philosopher
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” — Dolly Parton, American singer-songwriter
- “If it was easy everyone would do it.” — Unknown
Remember: inspirational quotes don’t work unless you do! Use your newfound motivation to power your next business move.