Podcast Interview Notes
Thanks for planning to appear on our podcast! Here are some notes that may help you prep for the event:
- My Skype username is capforge – please add it to your contacts in Skype and send me yours as well
- Plan to connect right on time, and then we can spend a few minutes chatting to get “warmed up” before we start recording the interview
- For best results, please try to be in a quiet location and use a microphone with a headset
- Please review the list of general questions below and think about how you might answer. If you’ve got specific questions and topics you’d like to cover send them to me ahead of time so I can integrate them into the session.
- If you have any links or contact info you would like me to include on our website please send them over to me via email
- Once the show is live I will send you a link to the episode. We will both benefit from the most exposure we can get so please share it with your social media contacts, email list and any other outlet you have to get the word out.
- The goal is to make this both fun and educational so by all means enjoy the process and let’s have an interesting conversation that will be worth the listeners’ investment of time!
Here are the general types of questions I expect to discuss with most guests:
- Before starting your business what was your previous experience and background?
- What motivated you to start your business?
- Did you do any market testing or planning before getting started?
- How did you fund the business launch?
- Were you successful right away or did you have to pivot a time or two?
- What makes your business unique relative to your competition and other options in the market?
- Who did you lean on for help and coaching and what advice helped the most?
- What kind of marketing have you done and what’s worked the best?
- How much time do you spend on your business and what have you done to become more efficient?
- How do you plan to grow and what challenges do you expect to face?
- What are your biggest management challenges?
- If you had to start over from scratch, what would you do differently?
- What advice would you give someone just starting in business you wish someone had told you?
- What is the best way to reach you for listeners who would like more information?