Integrating dental scheduling software can save your practice hours of time and money that you are currently losing because of no-shows and cancellations. Since your clients are probably very comfortable using apps, online shopping services, and virtual communication already, getting them to use your scheduling software may not be as challenging as you think it will be.
Most patients will search for a dentist online before making their choice.
As this will often be outside of office hours, customers will want to book during these times (either before you open or after you close). Offering the ability to book where and when patients are searching for you will significantly increase patient conversions. Let’s take a look at the top dental scheduling software that you can use to speed up your operations!
Why should you use dental scheduling software?
Dental scheduling software is used by dental practices to manage appointments and related customer communication details. Some of the additional functionalities that scheduling software offers are automated reminders, surveys, messages, and recalls to automate all time-consuming and repetitive tasks. You can save administrative staff 15 to 30 minutes per patient by automating patient communication, as it eliminates manual tasks. It’s also proven that automated patient reminders reduce no-shows by 22.95%.
Providing clients with a hassle-free experience is an essential part of the modern patient experience. If patients can book their visits at their convenience, from their preferred device, it frees up the front office staff’s time to focus on preparing for events and opportunities that can help the practice grow. This also leaves no room for human error, as the system manages appointments, reminders, and feedback seamlessly.
What are the benefits of using dental scheduling software?
Practices that use scheduling software run more efficiently than the ones that have to spend their time doing repetitive tasks. This frees up your staff’s time, allowing them to work on the patient experience and grow your practice. Let us look at some of the benefits of using dental appointment software:
- Book appointments after hours: Practices that used NexHealth’s scheduling software reported that almost 73% of their patients booked their appointments after hours. Since your office hours are the same as your patient’s work schedule, booking their next dental appointment at that time may interfere with their work. More importantly, new patients searching for a new dentist won’t have to wait until your office opens to schedule an appointment, allowing you to convert visitors outside of your office hours.
- Ease of booking without any back and forth: Since patients can see their doctor’s availability, they can simply choose the time that works best for them.
- Eliminates the need to call: Most people procrastinate to book their appointments because they have to call the office, stay on hold, or leave a voicemail, making a routine task like booking an appointment arduous. With scheduling software, patients book their appointments at their convenience.
- Automated reminders: All dental appointment scheduling software come with the ability to send appointment reminders to your patients to reduce no-shows and cancellations.
What is the best dental scheduling software?
Need help choosing the right dental scheduling software for your practice? Here is a list of the best tools available!
NexHealth is a patient scheduling software that allows your practice to acquire new patients and retain your existing patients by giving them a modern patient digital experience. NexHealth integrates with your EHR systems with one API, reducing the time to build an integrated product from 18 months to 6 weeks.
- Online scheduling and reminders
- Online payments
- Virtual waiting list
- Online forms and surveys
- Email and text marketing
- Patient recalls
Delivering a modern clinical experience, Planet DDS’ Denticon practice management solution is a cloud-based dental software for practices of all sizes. Denticon helps reduce your IT costs by replacing costly legacy systems with a predictable monthly subscription rate.
- Online appointment scheduling
- Native patient communication
- Centralized patient data
- Multi-location functionalities
Maxident ‘s practice management software allows dental offices to efficiently manage their practice with all the right dentistry software tools. On purchasing the Maxident software for your practice, you also get the software license for free to run it on as many computers as you like.
- Patient recall and appointment system
- Treatment planning
- Insurance approval
- Audit trails
FlexBooker is an online scheduling tool that can allow customers to book their appointment from any device and receive confirmations automatically. By adding a plugin widget to their site, businesses can customize the design and experience that they want their clients to look for.
- Online payments
- Daily recap every morning to see all bookings and cancellations
- Automatic reminders
- Google Calendar, Microsoft 365, Outlook, and iCal integration
Booksteam is an online scheduling software that can be used to gain clients, automate your bookings, and expand your business’ reach by letting your customers book your services through your social handles. Booksteam allows businesses to manage their bookings from anywhere in the world and their intuitive platform allows users to personalize the design and interface of their booking page and manage their client database with ease.
- Online booking
- Personalize client notifications
- Customize your booking page based on your brand
- Online payments
- Online video scheduling
As your dental practice grows, you want to ensure you have the right tools in place to secure business growth. Dental scheduling software makes it easy to set appointments, communicate with patients, and automate time-consuming tasks so you can focus on other important aspects of your business.
By choosing the right dental scheduling software, you can help scale your practice and maintain the satisfaction of your patients.
Need any help with sorting out your financial records? Look no further, our team is here to assist you! Feel free to fill out the form below, and our bookkeeping experts will be more than happy to help you.